- Practicing with Playback
- Q & A with Playback Memphis Holiday Card artist Stephanie King
- We Met Our Match!
- Be the Peace Camp 2019 photo gallery
- Good People of Playback (Cequita Mckennley)
- Virginia Murphy delivers powerful TED X Memphis Talk
- Good People of Playback (Kristin Fox-Trautman)
- Good People of Playback (Joy Knowlton)
- Good People of Playback (Holly Lau)
- Wishes & Memories for Playback!
- Good People of Playback (Barbara Holden Nixon)
- Good People of Playback (Christie Connolly)
- 2018 Holiday Cards feature art from Be the Peace students!
- Playback Memphis launches search for 2019 Community Matters Partners
- Good People of Playback (Gio Lopez)
Good People of Playback (Joy Knowlton)
How long have you lived in Memphis?
I moved to Memphis when I was in the 4th grade from Chicago, Illinois.
How long have you been a part of Playback Memphis?
Approximately five years or so.
Who inspired you to be an artist? Who inspired you to get involved with Playback?
Virginia Murphy did after participating in a community outreach program with her.
Spouse? Husband Children?
I have two sons and two bonus daughters.
What do your friends and family think about your Playback-ing?
They love it and have attended several shows.
How do you most love to spend your time when you are not Playback-ing?
I’m a creative-artsy girl, so I enjoy crafting all sorts of things.
What is calling you to be brave these days?
If not me then who?
What are the perks of being a Playback actor? And/or practicing Playback?
Hey! It’s my opportunity to be a kid again! To let loose and be expressive and stay connected to the world.
Where do you find joy in your life these days?
Sitting in silence and listening to the sounds of the world buzz around me!
What do you love about Memphis?
Memphis is one big city with a small town feel.
What are you most proud of in your life and work?
I am most proud that I chased my dream of being a Peace Keeper and serving others!
Why does Playback matter to you?
Playback Matters to me because it gives a voice to those in a setting that otherwise may not be heard.
Why should Playback matter to others?
Hey… we could all use a little Playback to keep us “Woke”.
What’s your Playback dream?
That every Peacekeeper in the Midsouth can share their personal story through Playback.
Favorite cocktail? Fireball Spiked Lemonade.
If you had to pick one ensemble member or staffer to give your eulogy (to speak at your funeral), who would it be and why?
Ann!! She would nail it and totally TELL IT LIKE IT IS as I would want her too!