- Good People of Playback (Joy Knowlton)
- Good People of Playback (Holly Lau)
- Wishes & Memories for Playback!
- Good People of Playback (Barbara Holden Nixon)
- Good People of Playback (Christie Connolly)
- 2018 Holiday Cards feature art from Be the Peace students!
- Playback Memphis launches search for 2019 Community Matters Partners
- Good People of Playback (Gio Lopez)
- Good People of Playback (Joe Murphy)
- Frayser Matters and More!
- Good People of Playback (Leslie Jones)
- Good People of Playback (Bill Baker)
- Playback Memphis receives several grants!
- Playback Memphis 2017 Annual Report
- Good People of Playback (Dr. Theresa Montgomery Okwumabua)
Good People of Playback (Leslie Jones)
Professional ensemble Member and new staffer Leslie Jones
Pioneer Edition – Celebrating ten years
How long have you lived in Memphis?
Three plus years.
How long have you been a part of Playback Memphis?
Two plus years.
What/who inspired you to be an artist?
Whoopi Goldberg, Cecily Tyson and Paul Robeson.
Yes, an aquatic turtle named Bunni.
What is calling you to be brave these days?
My faith and my will to be happy.
What do your friends and family think about your Playback-ing?
My family and friends don’t understand it, but they know that it’s been good for me and great for others.
Where do you find joy in your life these days?
In my relationships and all the work that I do creating.
What are you most proud of in your life and work?
I am proud that the work I do incites impactful change.
What audience would you like to engage through Playback that Playback hasn’t yet?
Youth Villages, Juvenile Intervention and Faith Based Follow-Up, within the Soulsville Community and Do Re Mi Music Therapy.
What do you appreciate about Playback as an artist?
I was never fully comfortable with improvisation as an actress, but performing with Playback has stretched my improvisation skills.
Do you have a story about a favorite Teller experience?
The story of the first black female Memphis Bus Driver was inspirational.
What’s your favorite Playback form- fluids, pairs, etc? Why?
I love fluid forms because it’s never guaranteed how an emotion like joy will be presented but its a cool way.
Only mocktails for me….Pineapple Ginger Sparkler.