- Wishes & Memories for Playback!
- Good People of Playback (Barbara Holden Nixon)
- Good People of Playback (Christie Connolly)
- 2018 Holiday Cards feature art from Be the Peace students!
- Playback Memphis launches search for 2019 Community Matters Partners
- Good People of Playback (Gio Lopez)
- Good People of Playback (Joe Murphy)
- Frayser Matters and More!
- Good People of Playback (Leslie Jones)
- Good People of Playback (Bill Baker)
- Playback Memphis receives several grants!
- Playback Memphis 2017 Annual Report
- Good People of Playback (Dr. Theresa Montgomery Okwumabua)
- Research team measuring positive impact
- Good People of Playback (Glenda Mace)
Behold the power of Playback
Thanks to friends like you, our February Memphis matters show was another sellout! And what that crowd of more than 80 folks witnessed was a glimpse of the essence of Playback itself.
Along with our professional ensemble, our apprentice ensemble members – Will Golden, Albert Howard, Andre Barlow, and Eric Hammond – were joined onstage by Oluwadamilola Apotieri-Abdulai. He had traveled from NIgeria to participate in the National Center for Playback Theatre’s winter training sessions, which were held right here in Memphis in February.
They wowed the crowd, but more then that – they shared how they are using the wisdom they discover through Playback to help them build healthier relationships and live more wholehearted lives. We asked them what they were gaining and they told us:
- self awareness
- more positive thinking in negative situations
- comfort knowing that stress can be dealt with and I’m not alone
- understanding that everyone has feelings
- the pride of being part of something good that benefits humanity
How’s that for heavy? These beautiful men – four of whom have been incarcerated – are becoming role models and leaders in their community, Playback Memphis could not be more proud!
Mark your calendars – the next Memphis Matters is set for Saturday, June 4.