- Practicing with Playback
- Q & A with Playback Memphis Holiday Card artist Stephanie King
- We Met Our Match!
- Be the Peace Camp 2019 photo gallery
- Good People of Playback (Cequita Mckennley)
- Virginia Murphy delivers powerful TED X Memphis Talk
- Good People of Playback (Kristin Fox-Trautman)
- Good People of Playback (Joy Knowlton)
- Good People of Playback (Holly Lau)
- Wishes & Memories for Playback!
- Good People of Playback (Barbara Holden Nixon)
- Good People of Playback (Christie Connolly)
- 2018 Holiday Cards feature art from Be the Peace students!
- Playback Memphis launches search for 2019 Community Matters Partners
- Good People of Playback (Gio Lopez)
National organization bringing Playback training to Memphis
Playback Memphis will host three multi-day Playback Centre courses in February open to all with an interest in Playback theatre. Both experienced troupe members and those curious to learn more about the Playback concept will find useful information in one of these offerings.
Fees for the courses range from $600 to $800, which includes meals and an option for lodging for out-of-town participants.
Core Training – Feb. 13-16, 2016 – Great for beginners and a recommended prerequisite to the other courses. Students will immerse themselves in the rich atmosphere and dynamics of the playback experience and will learn all the basics – with lots of time to practice. Playback forms will be taught— scenes, fluid sculptures, pairs, tableau stories and more. Each student will have a chance to try the roles of conductor and musician as well as actor.
Active Conducting – Feb. 16-19, 2016 – For new and experienced conductors, this course will offers an indepth investigation of the complexities and artistry of conducting. Students will practice finding the heart of the story, asking the essential questions to create warm-up, choosing the right form, reading the audience, and ensuring a balance of tellers. This training will build better conductors and group leaders so that we can deliver more effective and powerful Playback Theatre in the world.
Building the Beloved Community – Feb. 19-21, 2016 – Taught by its creator and Playback Memphis artistic director Virginia Murphy, this course is geared specifically to Playback troupe leaders. Students will explore ways of making troupes grow and thrive and leave with concrete tools and strategies for building artistic excellence, organizational strength, and life-giving culture in their Playback troupe.
Space is limited for these exciting training courses. To learn more or to register, click here or call 914-246-0028.