- Good People of Playback (Gio Lopez)
- Good People of Playback (Joe Murphy)
- Frayser Matters and More!
- Good People of Playback (Leslie Jones)
- Good People of Playback (Bill Baker)
- Playback Memphis receives several grants!
- Playback Memphis 2017 Annual Report
- Good People of Playback (Dr. Theresa Montgomery Okwumabua)
- Research team measuring positive impact
- Good People of Playback (Glenda Mace)
- Good People of Playback (Eric Hammond)
- Good People of Playback (Rosa Mena)
- Good People of Playback (Charlene Honeycutt)
- Q & A with Pam McDonnell, 2017 holiday card artist
- Good People of Playback (Wayne Smith)
Playback Memphis is part of the reason I chose to move from Chicago to pursue my doctorate in clinical psychology at the University of Memphis. Over a year and a half ago, Dr. Bob Neimeyer told me about a project I could work on if I chose to come to Memphis. He described a truly remarkable vision – a collaborative, community-driven, creative, transformational project that immediately captured my attention and my heart!
A partnership between Playback Memphis, The University of Memphis, the Memphis Police Department and Lifeline to Success, a Frayser organization that helps ex-offenders reintegrate into their community, Performing the Peace developed out of the MPD’s concern regarding a lack of trust and positive communication between law enforcement and young people in struggling communities. Recent events in Ferguson, MO — and even more recently in Frayser itself — are clear expressions of the hunger communities have to be seen, heard, respected, and healed. There are many barriers to positive relations between ostracized groups, such as police and ex-offenders. Performing the Peace will ideally become a model that other communities can adopt to bring diverse people together in a context of safety and trust — and with hope that things can truly be different. I am humbled and privileged to be a part of this team, knowing that the power and influence of each individual partner is infinitely magnified by the collaboration.