- Practicing with Playback
- Q & A with Playback Memphis Holiday Card artist Stephanie King
- We Met Our Match!
- Be the Peace Camp 2019 photo gallery
- Good People of Playback (Cequita Mckennley)
- Virginia Murphy delivers powerful TED X Memphis Talk
- Good People of Playback (Kristin Fox-Trautman)
- Good People of Playback (Joy Knowlton)
- Good People of Playback (Holly Lau)
- Wishes & Memories for Playback!
- Good People of Playback (Barbara Holden Nixon)
- Good People of Playback (Christie Connolly)
- 2018 Holiday Cards feature art from Be the Peace students!
- Playback Memphis launches search for 2019 Community Matters Partners
- Good People of Playback (Gio Lopez)
Playback brings Be the Peace! to KIPP Collegiate Middle School
In August, through a generous grant from the Hyde Family Foundation, Playback Memphis trained students from KIPP Collegiate Middle School in North Memphis in Be the Peace!
In the program evaluation, 100% of students responded true or very true to the statement:
“Be the Peace! helped me to value and honor my own feelings around having been a witness to bullying, a victim, or even a bully.”
95% agreed that Be the Peace! empowered them to take action when they see bullying happening in school, and would recommend Be the Peace! to other programs and schools.
Read more about our experience with KIPP students in the November issue of Memphis Parent.
We are proud, inspired, and deeply resolute about the importance of this work in our community. And the work continues on:
A new $6,000 grant from Arts Memphis will allow us to build on our inaugural Be the Peace! partnership with Creative Life, Inc., a community development organization and youth outreach program in South Memphis. Playback will be integrated into Creative Life’s Save Our Youth Forums and Silent Protest March against youth violence in April of 2013.
We look forward to beginning this work in January 2013!