- Research team measuring positive impact
- Good People of Playback (Glenda Mace)
- Good People of Playback (Eric Hammond)
- Good People of Playback (Rosa Mena)
- Good People of Playback (Charlene Honeycutt)
- Q & A with Pam McDonnell, 2017 holiday card artist
- Good People of Playback (Wayne Smith)
- Good People of Playback (Ann Wallace)
- Good People of Playback (Ozge Kovarik)
- Playback’s Fruitful Partnership with MPD
- Memphis Matters: Play It Forward
- Soaring with Kate Schaeffer
- Kids Collaborating — Playback’s Pilot Programs in Frayser Schools
- Playback in the News!
- Giving Tuesday is today!
National organization bringing Playback training to Memphis
Playback Memphis will host three multi-day Playback Centre courses in February open to all with an interest in Playback theatre. Both experienced troupe members and those curious to learn more about the Playback concept will find useful information in one of these offerings.
Fees for the courses range from $600 to $800, which includes meals and an option for lodging for out-of-town participants.
Core Training – Feb. 13-16, 2016 – Great for beginners and a recommended prerequisite to the other courses. Students will immerse themselves in the rich atmosphere and dynamics of the playback experience and will learn all the basics – with lots of time to practice. Playback forms will be taught— scenes, fluid sculptures, pairs, tableau stories and more. Each student will have a chance to try the roles of conductor and musician as well as actor.
Active Conducting – Feb. 16-19, 2016 – For new and experienced conductors, this course will offers an indepth investigation of the complexities and artistry of conducting. Students will practice finding the heart of the story, asking the essential questions to create warm-up, choosing the right form, reading the audience, and ensuring a balance of tellers. This training will build better conductors and group leaders so that we can deliver more effective and powerful Playback Theatre in the world.
Building the Beloved Community – Feb. 19-21, 2016 – Taught by its creator and Playback Memphis artistic director Virginia Murphy, this course is geared specifically to Playback troupe leaders. Students will explore ways of making troupes grow and thrive and leave with concrete tools and strategies for building artistic excellence, organizational strength, and life-giving culture in their Playback troupe.
Space is limited for these exciting training courses. To learn more or to register, click here or call 914-246-0028.