- Playback’s Fruitful Partnership with MPD
- Memphis Matters: Play It Forward
- Soaring with Kate Schaeffer
- Kids Collaborating — Playback’s Pilot Programs in Frayser Schools
- Playback in the News!
- Giving Tuesday is today!
- Murphy: Allow Yourself to Be Guided
- Playback Memphis adds another stage for kinship, hope in Frayser
- June 23: Playback Partners With UPP For Parenting Workshop
- We Remember Verdell Smith
- Behold the power of Playback
- Fostering togetherness through theater arts
- Playback Memphis Works to Expand Reach
- National organization bringing Playback training to Memphis
- Playback Memphis: Performing the Peace
Community Matters“I was brought up to fear the police, and that has shifted. I never thought I’d have a police officer’s number in my phone, but through Playback he has become my friend.”
-Will Holden, Performing the Peace participant
“Because of Playback I was able to be trusted by Ms Yurlene (fellow Performing the Peace participant) in a ‘policing’ decision I made in the community. Everybody walked away happy and this felt great.”
Cody Young, MPD officer, Performing the Peace participant
Recent events in Ferguson, MO – and even more recently in Frayser itself – are clear expressions of the hunger communities have to be seen, heard, respected, and healed. It’s a need that’s common to all communities, including communities right here in Memphis.
This fall, through Performing the Peace, Playback Memphis brought MPD officers together WITH residents and ex-offenders from Lifeline to Success to open lines of communications and break down barriers. With your support, Performing the Peace will become a model that other communities can adopt to bring diverse people together in a context of safety and trust focused on the hope that change is possible.
Because of YOU we are able to take Playback where it’s needed most. We hope you will consider a gift of support this season. Give Today.